Glen Massey School

Glen Massey School
This is what our school looks like!

Monday 19 March 2012

Cluster Swimming Sports 2012 - By L.B.

Cluster Swimming Sports 2012 - By L.B.

Soggy earth, wet togs, soaked hair. The air is humid and buzzing with the sound of voices. My muscles are cramped with the effort of squatting for hours. "And the next race is...." My Howard boomed into the mega phone. My ears pricked up. "Parents vs. children". I forget my cramped muscles and wet hair, my dripping togs and the soggy ground. I crane my head anxiously. This will be good!

Mr Howard raises the clappers in the air and... Bang! Water goes flying as the racers rocket through the air, wetting everybody. The cheering grew louder and louder, as all the pupils of the schools cheered for their representatives. Onto the last lap now, Amy racing ahead of Elli. I got more and more nervous. And....

NOOOOO... I cry. I moan again. "And the winner is Mr Howard announced.....Kids!" Parents were disqualified because Amy slipped under the lane ropes! We all cheer and Hi-5 each other. Kid power!

1 comment: